Conversion-optimized Shopify product pages are inseparable from a good customer experience and growing revenue. But to have this result, the default Shopify editor isn’t enough. For extending editing functionality, it’s important to pick a reputable Shopify app for building product pages.
The best Shopify apps for product pages help you optimize your images and display products in the most efficient way. Moreso, with them, you can improve customer experience using icons, trust badges, custom FAQs .
So, without further ado, read on, learn more about improving your store, and select the best Shopify app for product pages. And for extra improvement ideas, take a look at the overall best Shopify apps to use for your store.
Best Shopify apps for product pages: overview
- TinyIMG - excellent app for product pages and SEO
- Omnisend - email & SMS marketing automation app
- TinyICONS - reputable app for building trust with icons
- Easy FAQ Page - simple tool for powerful product FAQs
- PageFly - powerful Shopify product page builder
- Variants Images Gallery - Shopify product page variation tool
- Product Options and Customizer - powerful Shopify product customizer
- ModeMagic - Shopify product badges and icons
- XO Gallery - tool for making unlimited product image galleries
- Loox - product image review collection and display
1. TinyIMG SEO & Image Optimizer
What’s good about a product page if it takes ages to load? TinyIMG is an excellent tool for making all of your product pages fast, and completely SEO-friendly.
- Image compression and third-party app script management for fast-loading pages
- Product iImage optimization for better Google rankings and user experience
- Website analysis tools
- SEO title and description analysis and editing
TinyIMG is free to install, with the Free plan offering 50 free monthly image optimizations and basic SEO tools. There are also premium plans – at $1.99, $9.99, and $19.99/month, they offer much more image optimization and SEO tools, as well as full script and page audit features.
2. Omnisend Email & SMS Marketing
Omnisend is an all-in-one email & SMS marketing platform that helps you engage with your customers across multiple channels. With Omnisend, you can create highly targeted and personalized email and SMS campaigns that drive conversions and revenue.
Some of Omnisend's standout features include:
- Automated workflows: Create sophisticated automation workflows that trigger based on customer behavior, such as abandoned carts, browse abandonment, or welcome.
- Advanced segmentation: Target your customers with precision using advanced segmentation based on their purchase history, demographics, and behavior.
- Omnichannel messaging: Reach your customers wherever they are with integrated email, SMS, and push notifications
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder: Easily create beautiful, responsive emails and popus with Omnisend's drag-and-drop builder
Best of all, you can try Omnisend for free with full access to all its features. Paid plans start at just $16/month.
3. TinyICONS Badges & Icons to build trust
TinyICONS is a free Shopify tool to take your business a step further with customizable icons and trust badges. With it, you can make your product page more memorable for a customer and even for your competitor.
- Real-time previews
- Unlimited icons and badges on product pages
- Icons and badges customization
Making your Shopify store a trusted site is easy with personalized trust me, guarantees, feature, social, and other icons. Or you can even upload your own made icons too. But what’s truly remarkable is that you can both simplify and polish your product page using TinyICONS without spending a single buck.
4. Easy FAQ Page
Easy FAQ Page is an excellent solution for making your product pages more customer-friendly by adding product FAQs. Responsive designs and flexibility allows you to customize the page according to your needs. And you can even display product images for detailed information.
- Editable product and store FAQ sections
- Fully responsive design
- Support for Google rich snippets for product FAQ pages
Easy FAQ Page is also available for also free – with that plan letting you page up to 10 FAQs with all the main features. While tThe premium plans add a search bar, as well as additional FAQs, design functionality, and templates.
5. PageFly Landing Page Builder
PageFly is another product page builder for boosting conversions and improving your interaction with customers. You can choose from more than a 100 templates and create presets for multiple product or other store pages.
- Drag and drop page builder
- 100+ pre-made templates for custom style
- Sale Countdown tools, Badges, Variant Options Swatches, and more
PageFly also guarantees you better page loading times using clean codes and optimization based on current SEO trends.
What’s great is that you can try PageFly for free – with full access to the app’s features, analytics, and 1 page per each type. For extra premium features and fewer limitations, premium plans start at $19/month.
6. Variants Images Gallery & Zoom
Use Variants to make your product pages sheek and attractive even to the most picky customer. And display images along with videos to present your product memorably.
- Multiple product images per variant
- Product image zoom on hover and zoom in light-box popup
- Multiple product presentation types
With variant-specific images, your users will be able to select their preferred option and see all of the media related to it. Images can be displayed in slider, gallery, and carousel options – whatever suits your product or your website best.
The app is fully mobile-responsive, and the displayed images can also be configured to be displayed on your site just the way you want it – giving you additional design freedom. Variants app comes with one premium plan. For $9.99, you get full access to all of its features.
7. Product Options and Customizer
Product Options and Customizer offers exactly what it says on the tin – a simple way of organizing everything together on your product pages. With it, you receive multiple optimization features to make your store more welcoming for a customer.
- Image Swatch & Color Swatches on product pages
- Unlimited options and products
- Multiple functionalities for customers engagement
If your product pages are already rich with stock, you can upload variants in bulk to save time and avoid technical issues. Product Customizer offers a free plan, with unlimited variants on one product. Premium plans for unlimited options and variants start at $19.99/month.
8. XO Gallery
With XO Gallery, make your product pages eye-catching using multiple popular layouts. Upload unlimited images and galleries and adapt them to any type of device that your customer is using.
- Unlimited images and galleries
- Hotspot – tag products
- Every-screen size images
XO Gallery offers a free version that’s more suitable for testing rather than for long-term use. It only allows you to upload up to 12 images and available gallery types are Grid, Masonry, Justified, Stack. Meanwhile, premium plans that cost from $5.95 to $14.95 per month let you upload unlimited images, use all gallery types, and more.
9. Also Bought
Product pages without customers’ reviews drive sales at a snail’s pace. AlsoBought Shopify app knows that well too. So, it has developed a service that uses AI to write generated recommendations for your products.
- Customizable recommendations UI
- Displayed widgets on product and cart pages
- Unlimited amount of products, orders and traffic
You might have seen this used on Amazon – now the same system can be utilized on your store as well.
To offer you related and selling recommendations only, AlsoBought analyzes your Shopify store’s history, product updates, and newly added orders. It’s easy to install and any raised questions are solved by reliable support. Finally, the price is only $9.99 per month, so snatching this deal is all you have to do.
10. Loox Product Reviews & Photos
Loox liven up your product page with photo reviews collected from your past customers. After all, what's a better wake-up call than a visual proof from anyone who has trusted your product?
- Automatic product review requests
- Various product review widgets
- Integration with Google Shopping
The product photos can be displayed in several different ways, with modern list, carousel, popup, and sidebar widgets all available. Loox starts at $9.99/month for 100 request emails a month and all the main features. Higher-tier options for big businesses go all the way up to $299.99/month.
How did we choose these Shopify apps for a product page?
We chose the apps on this list based on 3 basic criteria:
- Will it increase sales? Perhaps the most obvious of all – we only included apps offering genuine improvements to your Shopify product pages. No miracle oil, just stuff that actually works.
- Is it good to use? You know what doesn’t increase sales? Buying an app that takes up a lot of your time and doesn’t even work. All the apps here are easy to set up, intuitive to use, and offer a great return on investment.
- Do people like it? We researched these apps, looking for happy users and actual success stories – so you can join their ranks.
Why do you need to customize the product page?
Still uncertain? Here are some of the main reasons why you should customize your Shopify product review page:
- Improve user experience. Shopify is one of the world’s largest online shopping platforms – but its stock product page is both simple and a bit boring. By making your product page exciting and unique, you can separate yourself from the crowd.
- Tweak how products are displayed. A well-optimized product presentation is critical to attracting more customers, boosting Google rankings, and increasing your revenue. When trying to maintain a business alive, every detail matters.
- Increase conversions. Getting a tiny conversion increase with a badge, or an extra click with an image gallery might not seem like a lot (especially when starting out), put together, these efforts can seriously increase your sales.
- Better social proof. A custom product page, complete with images, reviews, FAQs and badges simply look better – and that’s pretty important. Users prefer buying from websites that are full of content and custom information.
There are several ways how you can improve your Shopify product page – there isn’t just one tool that will automatically turn your store into a money-churning machine. However, there are a lot of different things you can do to improve.
With apps like TinyIMG, you can make your website faster, and get it ranking higher on search engines. FAQs and reviews can help improve your user satisfaction, and with badges, galleries, and alerts, you can take your product pages just a step further.
Nevertheless, burdening your store with too many apps can slow your page’s loading time. And dozens of functionalities can even intertwine with each other. Each Shopify business needs different apps, for instance, specific to a clothing store. So, choose wisely to make your store shine.
Curious to read more? Check out these articles:
Frequently asked questions
Shopify page SEO can be improved by optimizing your page speed with smaller images, and optimizing your meta tags – for example, that can be done using a Shopify app like TinyIMG.
A lot of different apps can improve your Shopify product page conversion rate: Loox reviews app can help you get highly-converting image reviews, or Nextsale can give you banners and announcements to promote sales.
You should customize your Shopify store product page, because Shopify’s stock solution simply doesn’t do enough. Luckily, there are plenty of Shopify product page apps that can help you do just that.