Using the best Shopify product video applications can improve your store's conversion rates by creating more engaging product showcases for your customers. In addition, reputable providers allow you to promote your products via videos on social media, which can help your store gain new traffic.
Nevertheless, due to a wide list of potential service providers, picking a product video app can be challenging, just like it is with other must-have Shopify apps.
Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best 10 Shopify product video apps. We made sure they had all the necessary features, maintained high-quality videos, were user-friendly, and didn’t cost a fortune. Continue reading and choose the video application for your store.
What is a product video app?
A Shopify product video app allows you to add videos to your online store, making it easier to showcase your products in a more engaging way. Whether presenting fabrics or demonstrating product functionality, this tool enhances the overall presentation.
It’s particularly valuable for niches like fashion, where customers seek videos in order to set realistic expectations of how the product will look on them.
There are several types of Shopify product video apps:
- Video makers - geared towards creating a new video
- Video embedding apps - simple apps for embedding existing videos on a page
- Video gallery apps - apps designed to create product video galleries
- Platform-specific video apps - apps that only integrate with YouTube, Instagram, etc.
Some apps will be cross-functional and have characteristics from several types, but it’s important to understand that the difference among them can be quite distinct.
How we chose these top Shopify product video apps
We made sure all bases are covered and you’re looking only at a variety of top options for each Shopify product video app type.
This was our baseline criteria for all apps that ended up on this top Shopify product video app list:
- Video customization. Adding personal touches to product videos is essential, as it helps you better represent the brand. Hence, we have picked the applications that allow multiple video customization options, like video placement, text inputs, and more.
- Video loading speed. Lag-free product videos can help your customers have a better shopping experience and your store may rank better in the search engine’s result pages. That’s why we picked apps that ensure videos are loading quickly.
- Features suite. Aside from video uploading and customizations, your Shopify store may benefit from extra features. Therefore, we selected product video apps that provided you with additional tools for enhancing customer experience, SEO, and other crucial aspects.
- Mobile responsiveness. A splendid customer experience on mobile devices is crucial. Hence, we selected Shopify product video apps that were mobile responsive.
- User-friendliness. Uploading a product video to Shopify without a dedicated app is complicated. Therefore, a specialized video application should ensure a user-friendly experience. So, we picked the providers that had the most intuitive interfaces.
- Pricing. You may be using many paid Shopify apps already and can't afford another overpriced one. To help, we've found the best-priced product video apps with free plans or trials.
10 best video apps for Shopify: shortlist
- Promo.com - Promo Video Maker - best Shopify product video maker
- Vidjet - Shoppable Videos - feature-packed Shopify product video app
- Video Background - best for unique product video displays
- EasyVideo ‑ Product Videos - Shopify product video app for all themes
- Omega - Shopify product video app which integrates with third-party platforms
- Elfsight YouTube Video Gallery - best app for embedding YouTube product videos
- InstaFeed+Story Instagram Feed - Shopify app for Instagram product videos
- POWR Video Slider - all-around Shopify product video app
- Vimeo Create - Video Maker - Shopify app for Vimeo product videos
- Spotlight: Video Loops - best Shopify product video app for beginners
But first online shoppers need to find and see your online store! Optimize SEO and speed with a single appInstall TinyIMG now
Best Shopify product video apps: in-depth reviews
A good Shopify product video app must include features for making compelling and also informative visuals. No less important is the application performance, ease of use, and price-to-quality ratio.
Considering these criteria, we have compiled a list of the best 10 Shopify product video applications and outlined their key strengths and weaknesses.
1. Promo.com - Promo Video Maker
Promo.com - Promo Video Maker is your number one option that will help you create Shopify product videos from scratch. It allows you to publish your product videos not only on your store but also on your social media business accounts.
Pull existing material about your product, such as images, descriptions, as well as testimonials, and create stunning product videos that will increase your customer engagement and may boost your sales. Use pre-made templates or benefit from flexible video customization options to make brand-representative visual product previews.
Promo Video Maker pros:
- Automated video creation and templates
- Ability to share directly on social media
- Flexible customization options
- Completely free
- Beginner-friendly app interface
Promo Video Maker cons:
- Limited available soundtracks
- No galleries
Promo Video Maker is a perfect option for both beginning and thriving Shopify stores, as it’s completely free and the software is very simple to navigate. Even though you don’t receive many extra features, tools for product video production are functional and effective.
2. Vidjet - Shoppable Videos
Vidjet is a premium Shopify app for making product videos. It has a broad range of features and an ability to tag products in the videos to make them shoppable - something most other apps don’t offer.
To catch your customers’ attention better, Vidjet allows adding various elements to your videos, including an email collector, coupon codes, and more. To stay aware of how effective product videos are, you can use built-in real-time analytics.
- Integrates with YouTube, TikTok, and Klaviyo
- Video pop-ups available
- Allows making shoppable videos
- In-depth performance analytics
- 1-click setup
- On the pricier side
- No free version
Vidjet is a powerful but quite expensive Shopify product video app. Since its prices start from $49/month and can go as high as $299/month, beginners will most likely bypass this app. However, you can use a 14-day free trial to test the service before fully committing.
3. SC Video Background
Video Background is yet another great Shopify product video app with wide integration options and useful features. For example, you can replace an existing page element, like an image, with a video in just one click.
The application also stands out because their team offers help with app customization and unique feature development. This makes Video Background a number 1 app for stores looking to execute a very unique product video vision.
Video Background pros:
- Integrates with TikTok, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Easy element replacement with video
- Section and full page option
- Exceptional customer support
Video Background cons:
- Doesn’t offer a free subscription plan
- Technical glitches are possible
Although Video Background is quite an advanced product video app for Shopify compared to other apps on the list, it’s still a suitable option for merchants without prior experience. Nevertheless, there’s no free version of the app besides a 30-day free trial. There’s only one subscription plan for $9.99 per month.
4. EasyVideo ‑ Product Videos
EasyVideo is a simple but reliable Shopify app for enhancing your store with product videos. The app’s developers made sure any Shopify theme worked with videos without requiring you to code or bother yourself in other ways.
Furthermore, this application supports both Vimeo and YouTube videos – you can simply add a video link to your product image ALT. Plus, EasyVideo can help you build a video gallery or use autoplay for compelling customers more effectively.
- Simple embedding with URL
- Supports Vimeo and YouTube
- Customizable video layouts
- Affordable pricing
- No free plan
- Lacks extra features
EasyVideo is a beginner-friendly option to make product videos for a newly starting Shopify store or even one in the business for a while now. Even though there’s no free plan, you can use a 7-day free trial to try out the app. Moreover, it costs as little as $5/month, making it a budget-friendly service.
A Shopify product video app – Omega – integrates with third-party platforms, including TikTok, YouTube, and Vimeo, making it a great choice for stepping out to new audiences.
The app offers great customization opportunities for video layouts, allowing you to showcase your products in the best way possible. And you can also build video galleries, which isn’t a common feature among product video apps.
- Supports TikTok, Vimeo, YouTube
- Video gallery option
- Video background creation
- Affordable pricing
- No free plan
- No additional features
There is only one pricing plan with a flat rate of $6.99 per month, along with super simple upload options using video URLs. This makes it perfect for smaller Shopify stores aiming to enhance their product pages without making a significant investment.
6. Elfsight YouTube Video Gallery
Are you keeping your product videos on YouTube alone and want to grow your YouTube channel? In that case, check out the Elfsight YouTube Video Gallery app.
It’s exclusive to YouTube, so with all the regular video integration features you also get YouTube-specific perks. For example, you can gain YouTube channel subscribers by adding a convenient subscribe option to product videos on your Shopify store.
- 3 preview layouts
- Direct access to your YouTube channel
- Straightforward user interface
- Budget-friendly pricing
- No free plan
- Specific to YouTube
- Limited features
Similar to other Shopify product video apps, Elfsight YouTube Video Gallery doesn’t provide a free version and offers only one subscription option, priced at $5.99 per month. Because of its exclusive focus on YouTube, this app is better suited for Shopify stores that already have videos to use and audiences to direct to their product pages.
7. InstaFeed+Story Instagram Feed
Is Instagram your number one platform? Instafeed allows you to bring both worlds together in no time by showcasing Instagram content on your Shopify website.
The app allows you to add Instagram stories, highlights, and also feed to your Shopify store. Also, you can showcase customer reviews, which is a crucial marketing strategy for increasing sales.
- Supports Instagram feed, stories, and highlights
- Instagram video gallery display
- Convenient social proof display
- You have to customize via support
- No additional features
However, customizing the app isn’t convenient, as most of it needs to be done through customer support. Additionally, charges apply once your page visits reach 1000, referring to page sessions. Although the app doesn’t offer a free trial, the price of it is as little as $4.95 per month, which makes it affordable even for small businesses.
8. POWR Video Slide
POWR Video Slider is a highly customizable Shopify product video app. With it, you can set the video speed, aspect ratio, slider size, as well as transitions, and also add captions.
Furthermore, this application supports videos from YouTube and Vimeo, allowing you to upload already existing visuals. Originally, POWR was an image slider app, hence, you also receive a handful of features for building image galleries.
POWR Video Slider pros:
- Supports YouTube and Vimeo
- Video transition and autoplay features
- Helpful instructional materials
- Features for image sliders
POWR Video Slider cons:
- Hidden fees
- Lacks features for making product videos
- Doesn’t integrate with TikTok
Unfortunately, the free plan has hidden fees as the 3 sliders available will have very limited features and the minute you want a bigger range, you’ll have to upgrade. The Starter plan for $4.49/month is also noticeably weaker than other subscriptions; therefore, POWR is for users who can pay at least $11.99/month.
9. Vimeo Create - Video Maker
Vimeo Create - Video Maker Shopify is another Shopify video maker that comes in handy for all Shopify stores that need to create product videos from scratch.
Use your product images, descriptions, and other standalone material for automatically generated product videos that appear on any page of your store. You can also use pre-made templates for faster results.
Vimeo Create pros:
- Automatic video generation
- 3000 video ad templates
- User-friendly software interface
Vimeo Create cons
- Integrates with Vimeo only
- No possibility to publish existing videos
- Hidden subscription fees
Vimeo Create is a decent Shopify app for making product videos if we speak about the functionality. However, the app isn’t clear about its actual subscription prices by falsely claiming that it is completely free.
10. Spotlight: Video Loops
Although less popular, Spotlight has zero negative reviews and promises a lightweight but powerful Shopify product video application. What we liked about it the most was the variety of pre-made visual templates that seemed to be a great match for both an online store and social media.
In case you don’t have any actual videos prepared, you can use product images to generate eye-catching videos with a selected template.
- Over 30 pre-made templates
- Generated videos from product images
- Automatic embeds on collection pages and in featured collections
- A free version doesn’t allow publishing
- No integrations with TikTok, Vimeo, or YouTube
- No extra features
Spotlight: Video Loops has been titled as one of the most user-friendly product video apps on Shopify, so there’s no doubt that this is our recommendation for beginners. You will find a free plan; yet, it’s important to note that it only works for previewing. The price of a paid plan is $19/month, and you get a 7-day free trial on the side.
Why do I need a product video app in my Shopify store?
People trust product videos above most other marketing material because of two main things:
- Product videos create narratives. They help people imagine products in their lives and create context for them. This incentivizes people to buy the product.
- Videos show how the products really are. Seeing products in motion, with no hidden angles or optical illusions increases shoppers’ confidence in your product.
Product video apps help you achieve all of that quickly and conveniently, with no coding and minimal time investment.
How to pick the right Shopify product video app for your store
You’ve read through all of this and you’re still struggling to settle on one specific Shopify product video app?
No problem, let’s go through a few questions together and they will surely help you narrow down your options.
- Do you need to create videos from scratch?
If yes, one of the several Shopify product video maker apps on this list should be your priority.
- Are you hoping to include product video galleries in your store?
If so, cross out all apps that do not provide this option.
- Will you publish enough videos to justify a paid plan?
Most free plans don’t include too many functionalities, but if you’re looking to include just one video on your homepage, they might be sufficient.
- Are most of your videos already on one of the social media platforms?
If so, look into Shopify product video apps specific to that platform or those that have extensive integration options.
Adding product videos to your Shopify allows you to elevate your customers’ engagement level, which results in increased sales. And with the help of the best Shopify product video application, you will be able to do all this quickly and effortlessly.
After testing over 50 applications overall, we have found that Promo.com - Promo Video Maker is the best Shopify for making product videos overall, and it’s also completely free. However, if you want somewhat exclusive features, like shoppable videos, then we recommend installing a paid product video app – Vidjet.