Going out of stock shouldn’t equal freezing your sales for a while. Letting your customers know that the product will be available again soon and notifying them when it’s back in stock will help you grow your revenue. But, to do this smoothly, you might want to get a back in stock Shopify application.
A reputable back in stock app helps you effortlessly navigate through the process! It sends automatic back-in-stock alerts to your customers, allows you to customize Shopify “Notify me when back in stock” button, analyze your metrics, and more.
However, the Shopify app store is flooded with back in stock apps, making it difficult to select the correct one. With this in mind, we have tested and ranked the top 9 back in stock apps for Shopify stores. So, read on, learn which is the best and how to choose the app specifically for you!
Top 9 Shopify back in stock apps: overview
Before jumping into in-depth reviews, let’s take a glance at the top 5 Shopify back in stock apps that outrivals the rest on the market:
- Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite – the best back in stock Shopify app overall
- Back in Stock: Restock Alerts by SureSwift Capital – the best back in stock app for integration
- Back in Stock – Restock Alerts by SealApps – best multi-language back in stock app
- Back in Stock – Out of Stock by Ordersify – multiple alerts Shopify application
- Back In Stock – Restock Alerts by Appikon – user-friendly back in stock Shopify app
One app to make your store fast and SEO-optimizedTry TinyIMG today
Without further ado, let’s get to know all 9 selected providers better in terms of functionality, features, ease of use, and pricing.
1. Back in Stock & Restock Alerts – the best back in stock Shopify app for 2023
3 paid plans, from $5 to $19 per month
If you’re looking for a way to maintain sales even when the product is out of stock, Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite is the best back in stock Shopify application for that.
With it, your customers can choose the “notify me when back in stock” Shopify alert, which is sent automatically as soon as you restock. And that’s not all; to improve your bond with customers, the app allows them to track shipping easily. Not to mention other premium features that this provider has:
- Fully customizable notifications and widgets
- Abandoned cart alerts
- Price drop notifications
- Sync to Mailing List
- Custom integrations
The app greets you with an easy setup process and a user-friendly further experience. However, the best part is that there’s a free plan next to the paid ones. It offers unlimited subscribers, up to 500 push notifications, and 20 emails. Plus, there are notes about back-in-stock products, abandoned carts, and more.
- Easy to use
- Has a free plan
- Features are customizable
- Integrates with Pagefly and Shopgun
2. Back in Stock: Restock Alerts – back in stock app with flexible integration
3 paid plans, from $19 to $49 per month
Back in Stock: Customer Alerts by SureSwift Capital goes along with other Shopify applications just great. It’s another powerful tool to increase your revenue and boost your bond with customers.
For the customer that clicks the “Notify me when back in stock” widget, the app sends automatic push notifications, emails, or SMS when a product is back in stock. But that’s not all, as this app also has features like these:
- Email marketing integrations
- Reminders for previously out-of-stock products
- Analytics and reports
- Customizable emails and themes
Apart from the fact that the app is well-designed and intuitive, another thing to love is its free-to-install version. It allows you to send up to 10 SMS/Email/Push Notifications, have unlimited customer lists, and use an analytics & reports dashboard.
- Integrates with MailChimp, Klaviyo, and more
- Unlimited customer lists
- Has a free-to-install version
3. Back in stock - Restock Alerts – back in stock app with multiple languages
2 paid plans, from $5 to $9.90 per month
Back in Stock – Restock Alerts by SealApps is excellent if you have a geographically-diverse customer base. And it also integrates with popular Shopify apps, such as Klaviyo and MailChamp.
It is a one-click setup without coding application that enables back in stock widgets right after the installation. To make everything flawless, you can customize the button, email notification templates, and more:
- Automatic email and SMS notifications
- Advanced email customization
- Data export
- 24/7 live chat support
The paid plans are already budget-friendly. However, there’s even a more tempting free version for trying out the service. With it, you can send up to 50 emails and 15 SMS per month, have unlimited subscribers, export data, and even use 24/7 live chat support.
- Integrations with MailChimp/Klaviyo
- Great free plan
- Fast customer support
4. Back in Stock - Out of Stock – back in stock app with additional alerts
3 paid plans, from $9.99 to $39.99 per month
Back in Stock – Out of Stock by Ordersify is a great way to improve your Shopify store, as it offers various alerts to increase your sales. Apart from back in stock notifications, you can also add pre-orders, low-stock, and other tags.
This back in stock Shopify application is helpful not only for the merchant but also for the customer, as it allows the customer to see how many products are left in the inventory. But that’s not it; here’s another glimpse of what you get with Odersify:
- Multiple locations support
- Notification emails with your domain and branding
- Low stock report
The application setup and further use don’t require technical knowledge. In the meantime, the pricing is also great. Not to mention the free version that allows unlimited contacts and offers up to 100 notifications/month.
- Integrates with MailChimp and Klaviyo
- Pre-Order/Coming soon alerts
- Free version
5. Appikon – Back In Stock – beginner-friendly back in stock Shopify app
3 paid plans, from $19.99 to $49.99 per month
Back In Stock – Restock Alerts created by experienced developers from Appikon offer an intuitive Shopify application for boosting your store. It supports multiple notification platforms to easily reach out to your customers.
This back in stock alerts application is approved by Shopify Plus brands, meaning you receive a top-notch suite of features to use. Speaking of features, here’s some of what you get:
- Email, SMS, FB Messenger, or Push notifications
- Customizable signup forms and notifications
- Segmented restock alerts
- Integrates with Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Pushowl, and more
Unfortunately, the free version is as far good just to feel the service. That being said, you’re only allowed to send up to 10 Email/FB Messenger alerts per month. However, the more exclusive paid plan you choose, the fewer limits remain.
- Setup without coding
- Intuitive application
- Integrates with popular apps
- Great prices
6. Alert Me! Restock Alerts – back in stock app with the Sing-Up By Variant option
1 paid plan1, $5/month
21-day free trial
Alert Me! Restock Alerts by Dibble Development allows customers to make variants and order products at different stages. This is Shopify back in stock notification app that’s fully automated to ease your flow throughout the process.
Here, automatic notifications aren’t all you can benefit from. There’s also an analytic dashboard for the most popular out-of-stock products, total sales, or notifications, not to mention the rest of the features:
- Fully integrated form on your product and/or collection page
- Multiple locations support
- Full theme customization
Even though there’s no free version, the paid subscription is rather fully unlimited and has a 21-day free trial. That being said, you get an unlimited number of sign-ups and sent notifications. Free installation assistance is also included.
- 21-day free trial
- Unlimited sent notifications
- Multi-location support
- Pre-orders and out-of-stock notifications
7. Back in Stock + Restock Alerts – restock notification app for all Shopify themes
2 paid plans, from $15 to $25 per month
Never lose a customer again with versatile Back in Stock + Restock Alerts by Restock Rocket. It works with all Shopify themes, integrates with Klaviyo, and more.
Increasing your sales with a customizable “Notify me when available” buttont, sending automatic back in stock notifications, and enabling presales are only a part of what you receive here:
- Multi-language back in stock alerts
- Notifications via email & SMS
- Integration with Shopify or Klaviyo
- Data export
The setup process and overall experience go smoothly with your Shopify store. And a free version is another thing we like seeing. Especially when you can collect unlimited requests, use an alert registration form, and more.
- Excellent free version
- Has pre-order and waiting list options
- 24/7 customer support
- Multi-language back in stock messages
8. Back In Stock: Restock Alerts – fully-fledged restock notifications application
3 paid plans, from $39 to $299 per month
Gain more sales with Back In Stock: Restock Alerts by Shopgram that includes all essential back in stock features. With it, you can create a waitlist for your sold-out products, send automatic back in stock notifications, and more.
The app integrates with other Shopify apps, such as Klaviyo and PushOwl, therefore your workflow will only get improved. Apart from that, Shopgram has more things to offer for both free and paid users:
- Customizable widgets, back in stock buttons, forms, and email templates
- Multi-language support
- Collection/Home page integration
- Custom feature development
Finally, this provider offers an extensive list of customer support along the way: whether you’re only setting up the application on your Shopify account or optimizing your sales processes.
- Integrates with Klaviyo and PushOwl
- Feature-rich free version
- Great customer support
9. Swym Corporation – back in stock application with advanced features
3 paid plans, from $14.99 to $99.99 per month
A package of functional restock sales features can increase your revenue effortlessly, and Swym Back in Stock Alerts by Swym Corporation is the one that offers it.
AI-powered recommendations for in stock alternatives, advanced inventory controls, and even more features on the list to benefit from Shopify back in stock sales:
- Limited inventory controls
- Pre-order alerts
- Detailed Reports
- Multi-location support
Within the very beginning, the app offers a smooth setup process and continues with an intuitive interface to customize your back in stock templates. Even as a free user, you can enable alert sign-up forms, see detailed reports, and more.
- Forever free version
- Mailchimp integration
- Excellent customer support
- Alerts via your ESP and SMS platform
Choosing the best back in stock alert app for your store
The choosing process differs from user to user. It’s self-evident that it’s crucial to base on your needs first and only then on the recommendations. And speaking of recommendations, this is what we suggest paying attention to when choosing Shopify back in stock app:
- Easy setup process. You already have a store to run, so why choose to have an extra burden? Look for an app that’s easy to set up and even easier to use in the future.
- Integration with other apps. It’s no secret that a successful Shopify store requires you to use more than a few specialty applications. Hence, it’s important that the back in stock app integrates with other apps.
- Extra features. Even though automatic back in stock notifications already sound great, that’s far from enough for the app to be the one. Ensure the provider offers multiple languages, Custom Push Notifications, and more.
- Customer support. Failing to run your Shopify store due to technical issues smoothly is far from fair game. To avoid that, look for the back in stock app with 24/7 customer support.
- Pricing. The cost of the service is always one of the most concerning aspects. So, ensure to look out for the hidden costs and choose the application that offers a fair price and quality ratio.
How to use a back in stock app on Shopify?
Adding back in stock alerts to your Shopify store is a great way to bond with your customers and maintain demand for your popular products. Luckily, adding Shopify back in stock notifications is an easy task. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Shopify account and navigate to the Apps section.
- Choose “Shop for apps”, and then, in the search bar, type in “Product alerts”.
- Pick a reputable back in stock application and add it to your Shopify store. We recommend Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite.
- Click “Install app”, and you will be transferred to the developer’s dashboard.
- After the installation, choose to Start.
- Then, customize your Shopify back in stock alert, the widget seen on your back in stock products, and other details.
- When you’re done, click “Finish”. Now, all your out of stock products will have the back in stock label!
Shopify back in stock notification application is great for replacing those dull out of stock labels hanging on your sold-out products. This way, you maintain the demand for seasonal or other popular products throughout the year.
With a reliable back in stock Shopify app, such as Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite, you don’t need to send notifications separately to each customer by yourself. Plus, you can customize email templates, send Price Drop Alerts Notify, and more. Finally, there are both free and paid plans, so you can even skip spending additional bucks!
We hope that this article will help you navigate through Shopify better and improve your store with the best back in stock notification application.
Looking for more? Check out these apps:
Frequently asked questions
Can you have back in stock notifications on Shopify?
Yes, you can have back in stock notifications on Shopify with the help of a back in stock alerts application. Applications like Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite are fully-fledged services that send automatic Shopify restock notification to your customer and more.
Can Shopify notify when product is back in stock for free?
Yes, Shopify can notify when product is back in stock for free. Among paid back in stock apps, some offer free restock alert services, such as Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite. However, remember that a free version comes with quite an amount of limitations.
What is the best back in stock app for Shopify?
Back in Stock & Restock Alerts by CartBite is the best back in stock app for Shopify. With it, not only can you add back in stock widgets to your store, but you can also send automatic alerts, track delivery, and more. Additionally, you can try out a free plan.